Oceanic’s offshore management takes into account the complete management of offshore vessels. Offshore ships or vessels are special vessels that are meant for the purpose of carrying supplies and human resources from the shores to the sites, deep in the sea.
Offshore management of these vessels include:
- Monitoring and the maintenance of various heavy duty Offshore vessels
- Resource management and
- Deployment of technical crew on the same on to the ships, ensuring safe loading and unloading of the supplies that these ships carry, etc.
The offshore vessels are meant for the specific purpose of carrying supplies and human resources from the shores to the sites, deep in the sea and then dropping them back, including the rig personnel back on shore. These vessels are Offshore vessels are also tasked with:
- Towing resources and professionals from the Oil exploration and areas where construction is carried out in the high seas
- Drilling of oil
- Proving supplies to the excavation sites on high seas
The kind of work carried out by offshore vessels is varied. Hence offshore vessels are classified under as:
- Oil Exploration and Drilling Vessels
- Offshore Support Vessels
- Offshore Production Vessels
- Construction/Special Purpose Vessels
Offshore management is a specialized aspect of the Ship management, due to the nature of the vessels it deals with.